Laser cutting is the use of focused high power density laser beam irradiation of the workpiece, so that the irradiated material quickly melt, vaporize, ablation or reach the point of ignition, at the same time with the beam coaxial high-speed airflow blowing away the molten material, so as to achieve the workpiece cut. Now CO2 pulsed laser is commonly used. Laser cutting is one of the thermal cutting methods.
Water cutting is also known as water knife. The English name of high-pressure water cutting is high-pressure water jet cutting technology. It is a machine that USES high-pressure water flow to cut. Under the control of computer, the workpiece can be carved at will, and it is less affected by the material quality. Because of its low cost, easy to operate and high yield, water cutting is becoming the mainstream cutting method in industrial cutting technology.
1. CNC molding of various complex patterns;
2. Cold cutting without thermal deformation or thermal effect;
3. Environmental protection, no pollution, no toxic gas and dust;
4. Can process all kinds of high hardness materials, such as glass, ceramics, stainless steel, or soft materials, such as leather, rubber, paper diapers, etc.;
5. It is the only means for complex processing of some composite materials and fragile porcelain materials;
6. Smooth incision, no slag, no secondary processing;
7. Can complete drilling, cutting and molding at one time;
8. Low production cost;
9. High degree of automation;
10.24 hours continuous work
Portable water cutting system is a new type of water cutting equipment, which has the characteristics of small volume, light weight, convenient transportation and high cutting efficiency. Therefore, the portable water cutting system has a broad market application prospect, which can meet customers’ different requirements on cutting ability and operating environment.
In the past market actual combat application, the portable water cutting system has shown superior use effect. It is mainly used in the destruction of aircraft bombs, petrochemical pipe cutting, dangerous goods processing, inflammable and explosive goods cutting operations. With obvious application effect and easy elimination of potential safety hazards in the process of cutting, it has become the first choice for destroying aerial bombs, cutting petrochemical pipelines, cutting oil tanks and opening oil tankers.
Plasma arc cutting is a kind of processing method that makes use of the heat of high temperature plasma arc to melt (and evaporate) the metal at the workpiece incision and eliminate the molten metal by the momentum of high speed plasma to form the incision.
WEDM (Wire cut Electrical Discharge Machining), which belongs to the category of Electrical processing, is sometimes called Wire cut Electrical Discharge Machining (WEDM). Line cutting can be divided into fast wire cutting, middle wire cutting, slow wire cutting. Fast wire edm wire cutting speed of 6 ~ 12 m/s, electrode wire for high-speed round-trip movement, cutting precision is poor. Middle wire-drawing edm wire-cutting is a new technology developed in recent years. The wire walking speed of slow wire walking edm wire cutting is 0.2m/s, and the electrode wire moves in one direction at low speed with high cutting precision.
Cutting thickness contrast
The application of laser cutting carbon steel in industry is generally less than 20mm. The cutting capacity is generally less than 40mm. Stainless steel industrial applications are generally under 16mm, cutting capacity is generally under 25mm. And with the increase of workpiece thickness, cutting speed decreases obviously.
Water cut thickness can be very thick, 0.8-100mm, or even thicker material.
Plasma cutting thickness 0-120mm, the best cutting quality range thickness of about 20mm plasma system cost-effective.
Linear cutting thickness is generally 40 ~ 60mm, the maximum thickness can reach 600mm.
Cutting speed contrast
The laser power of 1200W is used to cut 2mm thick low-carbon steel plate, and the cutting speed can reach 600cm/min; Cutting 5mm thick polypropylene resin board, cutting speed up to 1200cm/min. The cutting efficiency of edm wire cutting is generally 20 ~ 60 mm/min, up to 300 mm/min. Obviously, laser cutting speed is fast and can be used for mass production.
Water cutting speed that is quite slow and not suitable for mass production.
Plasma cutting speed is slow, relatively low precision, more suitable for cutting thick plate, but the end face slope.
For metal processing, linear cutting has higher precision, but the speed is very slow, sometimes need to use other methods to perforate, threading can be cut, and the cutting size is very limited.
Contrast of cutting accuracy
The laser cutting incision is thin and narrow, both sides of the slit are parallel and perpendicular to the surface, and the dimensional precision of the cutting part can reach up to plus or minus 0.2mm.
The plasma energy can reach within 1mm.
Water cutting will not produce thermal deformation, the accuracy of + / – 0.1mm, if the use of dynamic water cutting machine can improve the cutting precision, cutting precision can be up to + / – 0.02mm, eliminate the cutting slope.
Linear cutting machining accuracy is generally + / – 0.01 ~ + / – 0.02mm, up to + / – 0.004mm.
Slit width contrast
Laser cutting is more precise than plasma cutting, and the slit is smaller, about 0.5mm.
Plasma cutting slit is larger than laser cutting, about 1-2mm.
The slit of water cutting is about 10% larger than the diameter of the cutter tube, which is generally 0.8-1.2mm. With the diameter of the sand cutter tube flaring, the incision will be larger.
The slit width of linear cutting is the smallest, generally about 0.1-0.2mm.
Production input cost comparison
1) laser cutting machine models of different USES have different prices, cheap such as carbon dioxide laser cutting machine as long as 20,000 or 30,000, expensive such as 1000W fiber laser cutting machine is now more than a million.
2) plasma cutting machine is much cheaper than laser cutting machine, according to the plasma cutting machine power, brand, etc., the price varies, the cost of use is high, basically as long as the conductive material can be cut.
3) the cost of water cutting equipment is second only to laser cutting, with high energy consumption and high maintenance cost. The cutting speed is not as fast as plasma, because all abrasives are disposable and are discharged into the nature after being used once. Therefore, the environmental pollution is relatively serious.
4) generally, linear cutting is in the tens of thousands of pieces. But linear cutting is consumable, molybdenum wire, cutting coolant, etc.